Sections


Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taking a short break

The first priority of this blog, is to build a following for my study. In order to do so, I will need to take a step back from time to time, and just release. I posted this blog on my MySpace profile, and I think that posting it here will help those following, in getting to know me. I aim to post on this blog at least every other evening, to keep you the reader updated and interested. From time to time, I will let you in on the external process of putting all this together.

"I've been researching and posting statistical proofs on blogger for the last week, and I'm a little wiped out at the moment. I've got a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head, mostly probability models and visual presentations, but I have to present the ground work to the target audience first. Balancing my time between these two priorities, along with building a following for my study, it's all a learning process. Of course that is the purpose of all this anyhow. At my monotonous job, I often catch myself daydreaming about what I want/need to get posted by the end of the night. By the time I get home with fresh material, contained in a fatigued mind, I face the challenges of; how to present it, where to present it, and what is it building from and leading up to?

I used to HATE doing research and analysis in school. Now ironically, either because of conditioning, or because of the predisposition of an inquiring mind, I find that doing this in my spare time is a healthy and full-filling release. I feel like a freelance statistician, with no current affiliation to a company, but with an overwhelming desire, and an ever-growing passion, to hone my skills. There is a lot that I did not know about probabilities just a week ago, but have come to understand through resourcing and practice. Though there is much I still want to understand, I am confident that resourcing will eventually bring me there. Through life experience, and in my short lived experience in the master's program, I have learned that the most important skill is the ability to resource and critical analyze information. Scholars and masters of trade put on the illusion of infallible and limitless knowledge, with respect to their emphasis or trade, but in actuality, are just superb researchers. Only a fool will believe that he has learned all he needs to know, with respect to his passion."

Have a good evening all, see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment